Effective Date: 01-01-2018
What information do we collect?
The types of information we may collect about you includes, but is not limited to, information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, age, IP address, email address, zip code, postal code, billing address, home address, shipping address, phone number, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide (“Personal Information”). In some limited cases, health information, information regarding race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership information and information regarding gender may also be collected.
We may also ask you to provide Personal Information that will enable us to enhance your use of the Websites and/or the Services, for purposes such as facilitating correspondence with you, registering your entitlement to access certain special features, or to complete transactions. It is always your choice whether or not to provide that Personal Information. If you choose not to provide requested Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Websites and/or the Services.
Information provided via Surveys
From time to time, we collect information about you, our customers, and the individuals who participate in, or are invited to participate in and/or respond to, any of your surveys (“Survey Respondents”). We collect information about Survey Respondents from and under the direction of our customers, and have no direct relationship with the Survey Respondents. We acknowledge that Survey Respondents have the right to access their Personal Information. If you are a Survey Respondent and have any questions or concerns regarding our customers’ privacy practices, or if you seek access to or wish to collect, amend or delete inaccurate data, you should contact the entitled from whom you received a survey. We will retain information we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services to our customers. VC Labs will also retain this information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide to us when you use our Websites and/or Services. We also collect information from our customers, business partners and associates in accordance with the consent you have provided them.
Information we collect automatically
We and our services providers automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Websites and/or the Services and store it in log files. This information may include demographic information, IP address, browser type, operating system characteristics, information about your use of the Websites and/or the Services, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g. computer or mobile device), such as device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, error related data status, confirmation, capability, functionality, performance data and connection data. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the Websites.
The methods that we and our service providers may use to automatically collect such information include:
- 1. Log information – We collect information about your use of our Websites and/or Services, such as the device you use, types of browser or application you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed the Websites and/or Services. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analysis and functionality through our Websites and/or Services.
- 3. Cookies – Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer or mobile device when it is used to access the Websites and/or Services. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences. Most web based browsers and applications are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser and applications to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Websites and/or Services. For more information about disabling flash cookies, visit the Flash Player settings on Adobe’s website. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Websites and/or Services. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
- 4. Web beacons – We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “internet tags,” “clear gifs” or “tracking pixels,” in our web pages and communications with you. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Websites, to monitor how users navigate the Websites, and to count how many communications that we sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- 5. Other tracking technologies – VC Labs and our service providers may use other tracking technologies to analyze trends within our Websites and/or Services, track our users’ movements around the Websites and/or Services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Information we automatically collect about you, such as how you interact with the Websites and/or Services, may be combined with your Personal Information. If we associate any such automatically-collected information with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We and our business partners and other third parties may send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends identified through automatically-collected information.
Information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we may obtain your contact information if you attend a conference or webinar that we sponsor and the organizer provides us with a list of attendees. We may also obtain your contact information from third parties that market mailing lists. If we receive Personal Information from a third-party source and/or if we combine the information we receive from these third-party sources with your Personal Information, we will treat that information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use and share such information.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and provide our Websites and/or Services, to develop new products and services, and to protect us and our customers. For example, we may use information about you for the following purposes:
- 1. Facilitate and improve your online experience;
- 2. Provide the Services, process transactions and send you related information;
- 3. Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide training and customer service;
- 4. Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information that we think might be of interest to you;
- 5. Improve the Websites and/or Services;
- 6. Conduct quantitative and qualitative marketing and social research;
- 7. Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- 8. Process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards;
- 9. Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- 10. Contact you regarding your use of the Websites and/or Services and, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
- 11. Provide you with notices related to the Websites and/or Services;
- 12. Conduct surveys regarding, and through, the Website and/or the Services; and
Sharing of Personal Information
Except as set forth herein or in any applicable Terms of Service or other customer agreement, we may disclose your Personal Information to our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers to carry out work on our behalf. These entities acting on our behalf are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance.
We must disclose your Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In addition, we may share information about you as follows:
- 1. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to subpoenas or other legal process or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- 3. If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements for the Services or policies;
- 4. To protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party;
- 5. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
- 6. With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- 7. In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of VC Labs’ assets, financing, disposal, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company, in this event you will be notified via prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- 8. A customer of VC Labs where you have consented to such disclosure
In our sole discretion, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Referrals and Promotions
We may offer referrals, surveys, contests and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”). By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice, video, photograph and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
In the course of providing the Services, you may be directed and use to other websites and platforms, such as Facebook Messenger, that are operated and controlled by third parties (“Third-Party Websites”). These Third-Party Websites may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technologies to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third-Party Websites may solicit Personal Information from you. We make no representations regarding the policies or business practices of such Third-Party Websites and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your Personal Information.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Although VC Labs uses reasonable efforts to help protect your information, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and VC Labs cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Websites and/or Services. If you have any questions about security on our Websites and/or Services, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We take reasonable steps to delete your information collected through the Websites and/or Services if you opt out of receiving further communications from us or if you ask us to delete your information.
VC Labs may retain data that we process on behalf of our customers, business partners and affiliates, and collect from you directly, for as long as it is needed to provide services to our customers, business partners and affiliates. VC Labs will retain and use this data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Websites and/or Services are not directed at minors or intended to be used by minors. Do not send any information about yourself if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction. In addition, if we learn that a person under the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction has submitted information to us, we will attempt to delete this information. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a person under the age of majority in her or her jurisdiction, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Access to Personal Information
Upon request, VC Labs will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You have the right to access the Personal Information we have about you. You may correct, amend, or delete that information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a Personal Information Request. We will respond to your access request within a reasonable time period. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or emailing us at email@example.com with the subject of “Unsubscribe”. You may also remove yourself from our email list by clicking on the unsubscribe link presented in all promotional emails or communications we send to our customers.